At the Museo Novecento on May 20th and 21st 2017 we allowed children and young people to create some small art creations giving them the chance to exhibit those same creations directly at the virtual Museo Novecento reproduced in Minecraft. Now look at this video and see how the painting that is handled by Benedetta – magically – enters Minecraft and joins the new collection of the Museo Novecento reserved for young artists just like you. What are you waiting then?
Instructions to use the world of the City of Florence in Minecraft
If you are a basic user follow the step 1) otherwise, if you are an “advanced” user, go to step 2).
1- Basic user:
- Download and install MultiMC (a manager of Minecraft instances) from here: https://multimc.org/
- Download the Minecraft instance we prepared for you from here
- Save it on the desktop. The file is named Firenze_MuseoNovecento.zip.
- Start MultiMC and create a new instance. Click on the first icon on the top left, representing a white sheet with a yellow star above. Click on the “Import Modpack ..” text and then on the button with the three dots.
- Go to your desktop and select Firenze_MuseoNovecento.zip that you saved just before. Select the OK button and wait for the Minecraft instance to be created.
- Double click on the instance to launch Minecraft and start creating art with the safe global community for creators of all ages Creatubbles.com, the Museo Novecento and the entire city of Florence. Enter your Mojang account when prompted.
2- Advanced user:
- The Minecraft version used is 1.10.2 with Forge.
- The world file is available here
- The necessary mods are:
Instructions on how to insert your artworks through the Creatubbles mod in Minecraft
In order to easily insert your artistic content into Minecraft we use the Creatubbles platform, a community where creators of all ages can share any type of creation – 2D or 3D, analog or digital, video or audio files, Minecraft creations, and much more ! The Creatubbles.com platform is recognized to provide a safe space for all children: all creations and communications are controlled and approved to ensure an online experience that builds a sense of trust and social behavior based on mutual respect.
1- Create a user on the Creatubbles platform
You can find here the instructions we gave on May 20th and May 21st to parents allowing them to create a Creatubbles account and upload their first digital images
2 – Instructions and videos on how to use the Creatubbles mod are here. You can easily get all your images uploaded to Creatubbles and insert them into Minecraft or take screenshots of your Minecraft worlds (F2 key) and load them on the Creatubbles platform.