How to reach us & Opening hours
Complesso dello Spedale delle Leopoldine
P. Santa Maria Novella 10, Firenze
Summer opening hours (1st of April – 30th of September)
Mon - Tue - Wed - Fri - Sat - Sun | 11.00am – 9.00pm
Thu | closed
The last admission is one hour before closing.
Admissions are limited and can be booked online together with the purchase of tickets on the website bigliettimusei.comune.fi.it, by writing to email@example.com, or by calling 0552768224.
Reservations are strongly recommended to avoid not finding a place immediately.
Due to Government regulations (D.L.N. 105, 23 luglio 2021), from August 6th the "Green pass" (Covid health certificate) is mandatory to visit the Florentine Civic Museums. Refunds are not available for people who cannot access because they do not have the certificate
Winter opening hours (1st of October - 31st of March)
Mon - Tue - Wed - Fri - Sat - Sun | 11.00am- 7.00pm
Thursday | 11.00am – 2.00 pm
The last entry is one hour before closing
Closed on Christmas Day
Museum Full price
Museum reduced Price**
€ 4,50 (con biglietto Museo Salvatore Ferragamo)
Under the age of 18
Free of charge
Tours and activities
€2 for those residing in the metropolitan area of Florence
*Under the age of 18, disabled visitors and their companions, students groups and their teaching staff, tour guides and interpreters, members of ICOM, ICOMOS and ICCROM.
**Age 18-25 and university students.
All the Civic Florentine Museums are in the Firenze Card circuit. It is a card that lasts 72 hours from its activation and allows to access (only once) to the museums and places of interest which belong to the circuit (read the Museum Map)
Notice: the cost of the guided visit/activity of the Novecento Museum (€ 5,00 for every participant) is separated from the card payment, which includes the entrance only.
The Museo Novecento is also in the Card del Fiorentino circuit, for all residents of the metropolitan city.
For quota reasons and to avoid waiting and gatherings to proceed with the purchase, a reservation is required.
Reservations can be made by calling 055 2768224 from Monday to Saturday from 9.30 to 13.00 and from 14.00 to 17.00 or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying Name Surname, municipality of residence, telephone contact, and museum where you want to buy it.
The ticket offices of the museums where it can be purchased or collected are:
- Palazzo Vecchio Museum (Mon-Fri 9.00-17.00; Thu 9.00-12.30)
- Museo Novecento (Mon-Fri 11.00-17.30; Thu 11.00-12.30)
- Brancacci Chapel (Mon-Fri 10.00-16.00: Tuesday closed)
we remind you to present a valid identity document (identity card or passport) also to certify your residence.
* Please check the opening days and times of each museum before going there.
The Novecento Museum is in the centre of Florence, in Santa Maria Novella Square, on the opposite side to the Basilica, in the complex of the ancient Spedale of the Leopoldine. The entrance is at number 10.
- The historical centre area of Florence is a Limited Traffic Area (ZTL) and it is protected by telematic doors. If you arrive by car you must leave it outside the city centre in one of the payment parking areas, such as the one in the Station Square (Firenze Parcheggi) and then walk until Santa Maria Novella Square (around 5 minutes)
- If you arrive at Santa Maria Novella station by train you can go on by walking and arrive in 5 minutes. Get directions.
- If you arrive by plane, the Amerigo Vespucci airport is around 9 kilometres away from Santa Maria Novella Square and it is well served by buses (among which is the “Vola in Bus” line, which arrives at the Florence SITA station, near the Station Square). Get directions
Free service located in the entrance hall. Before entering the exhibition areas and the Archives and the Library visitors are asked to deposit in the cloakroom suitcases, packages, umbrellas and bags which exceed the allowed dimensions.
The Novecento Museum is completely accessible except for the educationa area, partially accessible to persons with motor disabilities.